Walkthroughs and Learning Objectives

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Week 2

#3 Set up your own blog.

#4 Register your blog.

Creating a blog on blogger was very simple. I have used blogger with my students only somewhat successfully. Not all of my students have an email account which makes it difficult to respond to posts. If anybody knows a way around this, please share!
I have used Wordpress a little, but I found blogger much easier. The other difficulty I have had trying to blog at school is that many sites are blocked.
There was an interesting article in Techlearning on blogging that really made me look at the way blogs are used in schools. I am including a link to the article.
http://www.techlearning.com/showArticle.php?articleID=196604374

2 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Some school districts have a suite of software for wordprocessing, spreadsheets, and also a blog application. One district sees this course as a way to introduce its teachers to its new software by having participants set up blogs using the district blog software. Seems practical.

Katie Williams said...

Thank you so much for the link to the article on blogging. I plan to use it with my teachers when school starts in the fall....our district doesn't block blogs, but our teachers are reticent to try them!