Walkthroughs and Learning Objectives

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Week 3

#5 Explore Flickr
#6 Explore Flickr mashups & 3rd party sites.
#7 Create a blog post about anything technology related that interests you this week.

This week I’ve spent a lot of time exploring Flickr and Flickr Toys. I have put some thought about how I might use these resources in the library. Flickr toys let’s you create magazine covers and movie posters. I created a magazine cover with students reading on the cover, they loved this. I used the movie poster creator and put book pictures and titles instead of movie titles. Flickr toys also has something that makes it really easy to create your own motivational posters. I used it and put a quote about reading and then added a picture from Read across America. As you can probably tell, I really enjoyed learning and playing with Flickr. I would love to hear what other library media teachers are doing with the program.

1 comment:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Glad you are loving Flickr Toys -- you'll get introduced to more fun image creators in the weeks to come. PS: If you "link" to the sites when you mention them in your post, it will be easy to go directly back to them at a later date. Enjoy!