Walkthroughs and Learning Objectives

Friday, August 10, 2007

Week 8: Online Applications & Tools

#18. Take a look at some online productivity tools.

#19. Take a look at LibraryThing and catalog some of your favorite books.

Zoho Writer was easy to use and had more options than Googledocs. Zoho has the Online web applications creator that I played around with but it was a little complicated to me. I looked at the Zoho wiki creator, I still prefer wikispaces. Zoho looks like a great web-based writing application and I’m going to try using it in the future in place of Googledocs and see, which I prefer.
I went to LibraryThing and enjoyed cataloging some of my own books. I couldn’t believe how easy it was! When I read the directions for #19 my first thoughts were that I really didn’t want to catalog, I do it enough at work! I also enjoyed getting book recommendations based on the titles from my collection. I will definitely use LibraryThing again!

No comments: