Walkthroughs and Learning Objectives

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Week 9: Podcasts, Video & Downloadable Audio

#20. Discover YouTube and a few sites
#21.
Podcasts
#22. eBooks and Audio eBooks
#23. Summarize your thoughts about this program.

I embedded a video from TeacherTube that I thought was funny. It wasn’t hard to do after I figured out how to copy the HTML and where to put it on my blog. I feel very techi being able to do this!


I added a podcast that I created using Audacity and uploaded to ourmedia. It took a long, long, time for me to figure out how to do this, I learned a lot in the process. On itunes I really liked the podcast “Grammar Girl” and the “National Geographic” video podcasts.

I enjoyed looking around the World eBook website but I had trouble trying to download an mp3 ebook to play on my ipod.
www.Podiobooks.com was an easy to use site that I was able to easily subscribe to an ongoing story through itunes.

This Web2.0 course has been awesome! I have learned so much by taking the time each week to explore the recommended sites. I was able to go at my own pace and spend more time in the areas that were new to me. I wish the course would be updated every so often with new sites and tasks so that I could keep learning! School is starting next week and I am excited to share with teachers many of the ideas that have come from this course. I love technology!

5 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Glad you are enjoying the course. The best way to continue to learn is to cheer on your colleagues who are a few weeks behind you -- or haven't started yet. It is amazing how much the CSLA 2.0 Team learns from all the summer 2.0 participants!

FYI: We are adding a few new items to School Library Learning every so often and will be offering this and a sister course over the school year. Want to be a "test driver" for the sister course and help us check links and such? Let us know at CSLA2Team@yahoo.com

Best wishes.
- JackieS
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager

Evo Terra said...

I'm just all kinds of excited that someone thought enough of Podiobooks.com to add it to curriculum. Outstanding!

But of course, I'm also glad that you found the site and that it was easy for you to listen. We're currently at 140+ titles and usually have about a dozen new authors just starting the process each week. Growth should be nice and steady!

Thanks again for spreading the word on Podiobooks.com. Good luck with your studies!

Evo
Podiobooks.com

oweLMT2 said...

I too really enjoyed the learning guidance provided by Library 2.0 and I want more, more, more. I enjoyed your walk through video. Did you see the one about the "angry librarian" I thought that was so funny. It is on my blog. Congratulations on coming so far.

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Congratulations! You have successfully completed School Library Learning 2.0. You are now an official member of the CSLA 2.0 Team and your blog has been moved to the "Congratulations - 2.0 Team" list.

Glad you enjoyed the discovery learning experience and hope you will continue to blog and cheer on your colleagues as they work through the course.

Best wishes.
- Jackie Siminitus
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager

IrmaPince said...

Congratulations on making through the tutorial. Please continue to participate by logging in to the curriculum wiki to find new ideas and to contribute your own.